Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Friday, September 9, 2011

Nice To Meet You

I thought it fitting for my first blog post to be somewhat of an introduction.  That way when I reference people in later post you will know who they are.  I thought is made sense so here goes.  My name is Katie, I am a Christian!  I am also, a working mom of two children, wife to one husband (ha-ha), friend to many, sister to several, daughter, and various other things on any given day. I am a plain spoken country girl that is just trying to figure out how to make sense of it all.  You know juggling work, home, kids, church, husband, family, friends, and the list goes on and on.  And, somewhere in the midst of all of the lists, chores, errands, etc... figuring out how to make time for me and MY SAVIOR to have a moment of complete quiet and stillness. So that I can feed a soul that is weary and tired so that it can nourish a body that needs to serve.

Now let me introduce you to the family!  My husband, Kurt, is my best friend.  He is loving, loyal, funny, structured, kind, gently, a great father and even greater husband.  He was my high school sweetheart and I can honestly say that I still get giggly and all mushy about how much I love him.  We have been married for 12 years and I love him more today than I did yesterday and will love him more tomorrow than I do today.  See I told you I get mushy about him!  He surrendered to the call to preach God's Word in 2005 and serves in our local church as a Deacon and fills the pulpit when needed.  He has a fire for the Lord that is contagious.  I love to sit back and watch God use him to bring glory and honor to his Kingdom.

Kassidy, is my spit fire!  She is 9 years old and wise beyond her years.  She is a beautiful, opinionated, creative, compassionate, loving, child.  She accepted Jesus as her Savior in 2009 and is very grounded (for a 9 year old) in her faith.  She loves music, singing, and cooking.  She has taught me way more than I will ever be able to teach her.



Karson, is my BOY! He is 6 years old and is 100% BOY!  He has a gentle and humble spirit. God did a work in Karson's heart this past summer and he accepted Jesus as his Savior during our VBS.  He is a tender heart, compassionate, funny, and just all around sweet.  He loves to be outside, hunting, fishing, playing with dogs or dirt it doesn't matter to him. He has taught me to slow down and enjoy the little things.

We are just an ordinary family, desiring to serve an Extraordinary God!   

4 comments:

  1. This was a awesome first blog for you. I love you and your family. You have a desire to serve God and that desire bleeds through unto your writing. I love to hear you pray, and now I have had the privilege to read your writings and it is beautiful, so keep on sending your thoughts my way, they always lift me so!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesa ~ thank you so much for the encouragement. My family loves your family so much! Your and Jeffery's service to the Lord is so uplifting. Even when times are hard ya'll still serve with your whole heart. Now that's a desire to serve! I am blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for being real before God and real before your friends. Love ya Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whether you know it or not, you have always been a christian encouragement to me. I enjoyed working with you and going thru the things I did when we worked together only made that encouragement deeper. You helped pray for my daughter and was the 3rd person to find out that I was pregnant. To read how close your whole family is to the Lord is Awesome. I love you more than you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ perannie - I was thinking about those days just the other day and missing them! You too have encouraged me more than you know. I saw strength in you that I wanted. You battled so many things that would have caused most people to quit but you didn't. Now look you have two precious babies! Yes you are right our Lord is Awesome! I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete